CUCEK has an excellent library for the benefit of students, faculties and researchers. As one of the best established libraries according to International Standards, the College Library has a large collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Science and Humanities and its related fields.
Reference and Textbooks of national and international authors, International and national journals & Non-book materials are available to cater various fields of Basic sciences, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social sciences.
• The College Library subscribes National & International Print Journals and e journals.
• The library is located outside the University Administrative Block.
• The library management system used by the CUCEK Library is KOHA.
Koha is web-based ILS, with a SQL database (MySQL preferred) backend with cataloguing data stored in MARC and accessible viaZ39.50 or SRU. The user interface is very configurable and adaptable and has been translated into many languages. Koha has most of the features that would be expected in an ILS, including:
• Various Web 2.0 facilities like tagging, comment, Social sharing and RSS feeds
• Union catalogue facility
• Customizable search
• Circulation and borrower management
• Full acquisitions system including budgets and pricing information (including supplier and currency conversion)
• Simple acquisitions system for the smaller library
• Ability to cope with any number of branches, patrons, patron categories, item categories, items, currencies and other data
• Serials system for magazines or newspapers
• Reading lists for members
• Off-line Circulation